reBuild Workshop is dedicated to enhancing the lives of our clients by doing quality custom home renovations through an Integrated Architect-led design & build process.
Our team of licensed professionals specializes in high-quality residential projects – with a particular focus on historic townhouses and brownstones. We have the capability to assist you throughout the process, from the project planning, building department and Landmarks approvals to construction completion, using our selected team of architects, builders and craftsmen. Trust is a qualifying characteristic of our work.
Working with us means getting a guidance from a team with extensive professional experience in the New York City residential world. Our active collaboration with local Residential and Commercial developers offers us a unique understanding of the local real estate market conditions and trends; this insight translates to solutions that have the ability to enhance the life of its users, but also maximize the value of their investment.
Themis Haralabides RA, AIA, LEED AP, president and co-founder of reBUILD Workshop, is passionate about high-quality architecture, and offering the best service to his clients. Whether building summer homes on the Greek islands, designing airport terminals, or renovating brownstones in Brooklyn, Themis has sought roles that expanded the definition and responsibility of the traditional Architect. With the same passion and high aspiration, at reBuild he currently leads a team of architects and craftsmen to take on the entire building process – from concept design through construction – to ensure the final product is of the highest quality.
In the past, as a Senior Designer while at Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM), Themis had the opportunity to lead the design of major projects in US and abroad, such as the New Moynihan Station in New York City, the $1.2 billion Terminal 4 Redevelopment for Delta Airlines at JFK, and the Denver Union Station Multi-Modal Hub – a project which has won more than 12 National awards, including the prestigious AIA Institute National Honor Award for Regional & Urban Design. Themis’s work has been published by several journals and magazines, including the Architectural Review, the Architect Magazine, and the NYTimes.
Themis brings 20 years of professional experience in Design & Construction. He is a Registered Architect in the State of New York, a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), and a LEED© Accredited Professional.
At reBuild we believe it’s our responsibility as architects to make the world a healthier place. Accordingly, we aspire to do the following principles, which we follow on every project:
- Use healthy materials – for people and the environment
- Design homes with reduced footprint– energy, water and materials.
- Create a healthy habitat – inside and outside.
- Seek solutions that are enduring, and increase the potential of the place.
Our team has LEED© Accredited Professionals, who have completed several LEED Certified projects around the country.
SAMPLE OF “GREEN” TACTICS
– Maximize use of natural light (daylighting)
– Energy-efficient lights & systems (heating and cooling)
– High-performance plumbing fixtures and fittings
– Renewable energy systems (photovoltaic, ground-source heat pumps)
– Energy efficient design (windows, walls, roofs, cellars)
– Low-emitting materials and furniture (VOCs, added urea formaldehyde, etc)
– Inventory and address existing health concerns such as paint, boilers, and other indoor pollutant sources
– Green roofs
– High-efficiency systems upgrades